Biblical Thought: Who made us in such a way that we can make music?
Psalms 85:12 The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.
Salmos 85:12 El Señor dará lo que es bueno, y nuestra tierra dará su fruto.
- Cultura Maya – Mayan culture
- Alimentos – food (comida is also food but can also refer to a meal)
- Maíz – maize, corn
- Calabaza – pumpkin, squash, and other members of this family
- Frijoles/habichuelas – beans
- Juego de pelota – ballgame
- Calendario – calendar
- Glifos – glyphs
- Pirámide – pyramid
Videos we will watch
Mayan weaver/Tejedora maya (first 2 min).
Mayan flyers/Palo volador (first 30 seconds)
Songs the teacher might sing
For younger kids: Color the Mayan ball player (from Mayan art)
For older kids: Booklet on Guatemala/Librito de Guatemala
Also for older kids: Maya culture–circle the item