Biblical Thought: Who made us in such a way that we can make music?
Psalms 85:12 The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.
Salmos 85:12 El Señor dará lo que es bueno, y nuestra tierra dará su fruto.
- Música – music
- La marimba – the marimba
- Instrumento musical – musical instrument
- Madera – wood
- Palitos – sticks
- Mazas – mallets
- Tocar (un instrumento) – play (an instrument)
- Simbolo nacional – national symbol
- Monumento – monument
Videos we will watch:
- Children playing the marimba (30 seconds)
- Adults playing the marimba accompanied by other instruments (1st minute)
Songs the teacher might sing:
For older kids: Game and information on Guatemala’s national symbols
For younger kids: Color a marimba–the national instrument of Guatemala